About the Summit
The Direct Booking Summit unites hundreds of hoteliers, from savvy independents to international chains to strategise, network and drive the Direct Booking Movement forward.
A packed agenda of keynotes, debates and workshops ensures delegates leave with plenty of fresh ideas on everything from rogue wholesalers to the growth of Google to the changing landscape of OTAs.
That also involves helping our guests let their hair down and enjoy some time away from their busy day jobs, so we make room in each summit’s schedule for an epic party. Hoteliers seem to be pretty proficient when it comes to that!
Agenda at a glance
Are you on the verge of a parity nightmare?
Maintaining rate parity with OTAs is crucial to conversion. So why are hotels still finding it so hard?In this session we’re looking at the ways OTAs are adapting in response to external pressures such as rock-bottom wholesale rates and the growth of competitive brands like Airbnb, and why that puts your parity under threat. Discover:
• Why Booking.basic is just a symptom of a wider problem
• How OTAs are adapting to the proliferation of wholesale rates by undercutting hotels.
• Why unmanaged downstream distribution is at the root of the problem
To find out more about Booking.basic and what it means for your hotel, read our report.
Power your acquisition strategy with AI-driven metasearch
In this session you’ll discover how to unlock the power of metasearch for your direct booking strategy with real-time bidding based on guest behavior. Hear about the growth of Google Travel (and what it means for your hotel), why pre-set bids don’t work, and how machine learning can be used to maximize your metasearch ROI. You’ll discover how to:
● Get your acquisition and conversion strategies to work together
● Use on-site visitor behavior to power meta bidding at scale
● Invest your budget to see the highest return.
How to keep up with Google’s rate of change
Google Travel is innovating like never before. Uncertain whether you’re making the most of the options available? Learn more about managing and maximising your brand across every Google touchpoint. You’ll find out:
• How to maximize your business listing
• Where and when guests are interacting with your brand
• When to let OTAs do the work for you, and when you should take control
How to maximize your return on every channel - including OTAs
Unsure whether you’re getting the most for your money? Find out how and why you should be tracking revenue on a channel-by channel basis and adjusting your spend based on the guests you want to attract. Single out your highest-value channels and find out how to use OTAs to your advantage - but only when you need them. By the end of this talk you’ll know how to:
● Analyze guest behavior on every acquisition channel
● Calculate and optimize your Revenue Per Guest
● Build a distribution strategy that works in your favor.